Sunday, April 20, 2008

Let's Go O's!



Friday night as soon as Alan got home from work we were OFF to Baltimore to go see the Orioles battle the Yankees! As we approached the baseball park, Alan told me that it was Student Night and that admission for students was only $6! So the locals were really taking advantage of that! Coming from little BYU-Idaho, I was surrounded by more cussing, beer and drunks they I have been in a while! The game was great--the Orioles beat the Yankees 8-2 and had an awesome 6th Inning. I think that Jackson and Marcus had a good time too!

After the game we headed down to DC to spend the night. The next morning Alan and Amber got up early to go to the temple and I stayed with the two boys watching cartoons. We then headed into DC to go to the Zoo--which turned out to be quite the trip! We couldn't find parking and so finally parked at a Metro station in Maryland and rode into the city. Jackson thought that was pretty great! The zoo was acutally a lot of fun too--it was hot out and the sun felt so good! We wen to the Smithsonian Zoo so that means it was free too! But we had a good trip!

4 comments:

erin said...

so fun that you went to that game. you're really living the dream back east. dontcha just love those cussing drunks?! :)

Hillary said...

Good for you! I am so glad that you got away. It is always nice to go see family in faraway places! You deserve it.

Carlos said...

Looks like you're having a lot of fun! I bet you're enjoying the warm weather too, it just doesn't seem to warm up here! (and I'm not even in Idaho ;)

Nathan & Ashley Leavitt said...

oh mom... you guys are having so much fun!!! I'm so glad too...you needed it after that finals week of yours.