Monday, December 1, 2008

Weekend Fun!

Though I didn´t spend my weekend eating lots of Turkey and early morning shopping, we did have a fun weekend! Friday night was the Azul y Blanco (Blue and White) Stake Dance for all the YM and YW. I recently got called as the 2nd counselour of YW in my ward, and Pablo is the 1st counselour of YM in the Stake, so we had plenty to do to get ready for the dance. Most of the day Friday was spent decorating and getting ready and then Friday night was the dance. Here´s a picture of three of my 4 Beehives (and the grand daughter of the YW President who is from a different ward) Here´s a picture of Pablo with the 2nd counselour from our Stake and the President and other counselours of the Stake YM Presidency--they are all single, RM´s if any of you are out there looking! (wink, wink!) Notice that they are all wearing the same blue ties--just following the theme I guess!

Here are a few pictures of our humble Thanksgiving Day feast if you will! Pablo and I made chicken and rice ( pretty common Chilean meal!) I didn´t know how to make rice like chileans do so I got online and typed in Google--how to cook rice. And guess what--I found a page with step by step instructions, WITH pictures! Nice! (Click HERE if you want to try it at home!)
And don´t forget our scrumpcious deseret of ALFAJORES! Not home made, but one of my absolute favorite treats here in Chile. Seriously, how do Americans survive without them?! They are chocolate dipped, cookie-ish, with manjar (kind of like carmel but way better!) My mouth waters looking at the picture!
I hope you all had great Thanksgiving/Black Friday weekends--though mine was a bit different then usual, it was still pretty great! Now, onward and upward with Christmas shopping and Holiday plans!

7 comments:

Katy said...

Fun! You have a great calling, I bet those girls LOVE you! That Alfajoes looks sooo good! Be thankful that you saved yourself from all the pushing and shoving on Black Friday!

Kayla said...

Glad all is still going so great in Chile! I'm sure every day is an adventure there - nothing like here . . .BORING! Ha! But those desert thing-a-lings do look good. Go ahead and send me some for Christmas! ;)

Carlos said...

Oh alfajores!!! You know what I really really miss?? Mantecol! Love ya!

Hillary said...

It looks like you are always doing something so fun! I am so happy for you. So, what are YOU getting for Christmas;)???

Melissa said...

Becki~It looks like you are enjoying yourself. That is cool that your ward has already put you to work. My sister in-law is in the YW as well, and my brother is in the YM. Hope things continue to go okay for you. (My blog is private so if you would like to continue to read it send me a message with your email and I'll send you an invite.) Keep in touch!

Brian and Carly said...

I have the same calling and LOVE it! Honestly, young women are the best! I always come home inspired. It looks like you are having the best time. Can you ship me some of that food pleasssse... ;) Love ya.

Grammy Ludwig said...

what lucky young women to have you. you can change them forever. i am 50 years old and can still remember mine and feel the love and concern they had for me.
love you!