Saturday, May 16, 2009

To the Highest Bidder!

So the Relay for Life is coming quick and I haven't done my part to raise some money. I think it's a great cause and I'm so excited to go and participate, even if it means walking all night. Laura has put together a great team this year and I'm excited to get to know these ladies better.
Okay, so I'll get to the point. At the Relay there is a great way to raise money by buying a luminaria bag. They are sold for $10 and each bag is to represent someone you know who has passed away or has been a survivor of cancer. On the night of the Relay, our team will put out all of the luminaria bags that our team has gathered and light them with a candle. Then everyone there will do a walk around the track in silence for those people. It is an awesome experience and helps you realize that the reason you are there is for those people.
So where am I going with this? I want YOU (yes, Y-O-U) to get involved too! I know that money is tight but I also know that $10 is a great way for you to donate and be able to honor someone you love. You can donate online and I can decorate the bag for you or if you want to get the money to me, I will get you a bag and you can decorate it yourself. And if you are close by, feel free to come the night of the Relay and see what it is all about!
I'm going to through out an extra incentive. I'm sure most of you have seen these cute watches like this one:
Well, I will bid off a watch to the highest bidder. You can even tell me if you want it black and white, browns or even specific colors. But the best part of the deal is that the highest bidder will not only get the watch, but all the money will go to the Relay AND they can apply that money to as many luminaria bags as possible in as many names as they want. So, once again the highest bidder will get: the custom designed watch, money donated to the American Cancer Society AND pick the name/names for the luminaria bags! WOW! Leave me a comment with your bids and I will let the bidding go until next Friday!
Also, if you are just interested in donating, you can do so by sending me some money (checks made out to the American Cancer Society) or by clicking HERE to donate online. Thanks and good luck!

5 comments:

Katy said...

You are an amazing woman, Becki, seriously, a total champion!! I love the watch too... I'll have to check our finances (it's tight, that's for sure!) to see if I can help out at all!! Keep up the great work!

Cat said...

Hey Becki -
That's awesome you are donating a watch. I still have to come up with a fundraiser idea for my team. I will start your bidding off at $10. (even though I really know how much they cost but you gotta start somewhere ;)

Michelle said...

i see your 10 and raise you to 20. :)

pabloidescreative said...

i love you so muchooo, i think in you all day, you are my love and my life, baby i love you caleta, you are really special for my heart and my life, i love youuuuuuuuuuu

lacey said...

I will raise your bid $10