Sunday, February 28, 2010

Scary Quake


What an awful day yesterday! I woke up and turned my iMac on to see if Pablo was up yet. He usually likes to sleep in but it about 10:30 his time and I thought he might be up. I opened up my internet and the first thing I see is EARTHQUAKE. SANTIAGO. 8.8 I panicked. Big time! But at that very second Pablo popped up and I knew that if he was online that he was safe. He told me that the quake had woken him up, shook his house, knocked down a few glasses and after he saw sparks in the street, the power went out. I know that he was very protected because not all people have that mild of a story to tell. His neighbors had a lot of damage done to their home and many others.

Yesterday morning after I calmed down and knew that my husband was okay I went to a stake Relief Society Conference. The first counselor in the IF Temple Presidency and his wife spoke to us about the blessings of the temple. I have really tried to increase my temple attendance since being separated from Pablo and it was really helped. The one thing that really stood out in my mind that President Mead said was about sealings. He said that there are a lot of things that are uncertain in this life. Will you make it to the Celestial Kingdom? You can try and do your best but it is uncertain. But if you ask, will I be with my husband and family forever? You know the answer is yes if you have been sealed.

I am so grateful that even though my husband is far away from me right now, we will be together forever. And I know that I can say YES when asked if I will be with him forever. I am so grateful that he is safe and sound and that my Heavenly Father is watching over him while we are apart.

11 comments:

Hillary said...

Oh my goodness Becky! How scary...I can't even imagine. I hope things continue to go well. What a good person you are, you will always be blessed:)

Katy said...

oh Becki, I'm so glad Pablo and his family are all alright... I thought of you instantly when I heard about the quake. I'm so grateful you both found each other. Prayers are with everyone there in Chile.

Cristina said...

Querida Becky: Me alegra mucho saber que Pablo esta bien despues del tremendo temblor en Chile. Son mis deseos que Nuestro Padre Celestial los continue bendiciendo y que pronto puedan estar juntos. Abrazos,

Kurt and Kristy said...

Im glad Pablo is ok too! I thought of you both immediately after I heard! Such a blessing it is to have the knowledge that we do about families!

'T' said...

I was so glad to know that all was safe with Pablo and his family. Bless the people of Chile at this time!

Burning ? do you spell Becki with an I or Y at the end?

Loves, T

Kayla said...

Wow! I'm also so relieved that Pablo was okay. How scary. If there's anything I've learned over the years, it is that Heavenly Father definitely watches over us. What a great amount of peace that brings. Love ya!

Karissa said...

I am so glad to hear that Pablo and his family are save. As soon as I heard about it I thought of you and wondered if you have heard anything. How grateful I am for the temple and the temple Sealing as well. Glad everything is okay. Miss you

Mike & Emily West said...

I immediately thought about you and Pablo when I heard about the earthquake. I am so happy to hear that you and Pablo are safe (I thought you were still over there). What a blessing and AMEN to everything you said about sealings and eternal families! BTW: How long do you have to live apart?

Diane said...

I'm so glad to hear that Pablo is ok.
I saw a comment on facebook about the earthquake and I was so surprised that it was so strong, and then I thought of you and Pablo, hoping he was good. I'm happy he is good.

Brian and Carly said...

My goodness Beck. I was thinking about you the minute I heard it. So happy that he's ok. What a terrible thing though. Did you see footage of the airport? Doesn't look like the same place. Love ya.

Michelle said...

So glad to hear that Pablo is okay! that must have been so scary!