Monday, June 30, 2008

Batter Fried Zucchini

Are you all ready for another recipe? (Just shows how BORING my life is...) This one is a family favorite. In fact, I'm pretty sure that the summer my sister Laura was pregnant with Blake we ate batter fried zucchini almost daily. That's how good it is! And the fact that it is zucchini makes you feel like it is nutritious but it's fried so you know what that means--YUMMY!
We made some on Saturday to go with our BBQ so I snapped a few pics so you can get the whole effect. And I'll put the recipe below if you want to try them out at home!
Batter Fried Zucchini (from my Aunt Nyla)

1 cup + 2 tbsp. flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 slightly beaten egg
1 cup milk
2 tbsp. oil

Beat them all together until the dry ingredients are wet. (Laura likes to mix it all until the batter is smooth, so it's up to you how long you want to beat it...) Slice
up zucchini--it can be thick or thin, however you prefer. And then dip the slices in the batter until completely covered. Remove from batter and place into hot oil. (THE BEST PART!) Brown each side evenly. You want them to be kind of dark, but not burnt and not too light or it isn't cooked long enough. Remove from oil when both sides are brown and place on a paper towel to drip dry and sprinkle with salt immediately. Let them cool for a minute and ENJOY!

5 comments:

Jennifer Tyler said...

Oh my gosh, that looks soooooo good!

Katy said...

whhhhyyyyyyyy do you have to post this right when i'm starting my diet!!!??? it looks amazing... i'll definitely be trying it out

Hillary said...

Yummy!!!! I LOVE eating this in the summer. I still can't believe I saw you at the Relay. It has been YEARS! You're still cute as ever!

Nil12 said...

Hi, I really liked your post & would definitely try the recipe. so I submitted it to yearblook.com. Yearblook is a competition to find the best blog posts, and they print the winners in a book. Good luck!"

MattJulieGavin said...

oh my gosh...YUM! i just started drooling!