Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The Biggest Loser-Cardio Max!

Let's just be honest here--ever since I graduated and started working all the time, I have been lazy. Because I don't walk to class or to my house or anything, I haven't been exercising like I should! And I sit down all day--8 hours a day. Just sitting here. Yeah. Last week I was chatting with my boss Mark who recently moved back to Utah and is working for himself. So he bought a push--no motor--lawn mower! I thought he was crazy but he said it is feels so good to just get out and do something physical. So where am I going with all of this? I needed something to do. But the treadmill/elliptical bore me and it's been so windy and cold outside to go jogging. So I started looking at Amazon.com for some videos. I'm not a big fan of work out videos actually either. I bought a Tae-Bo one a while ago and it is just not for me. (I know, I' m being picky here...) And I also hate how you get videos of people who weigh like 12 pounds each and don't sweat...Really? I've never watched The Biggest Loser but I've heard about it and it just seems so real. So I found this video on Amazon.com and thought I would give it a try. I figured for $8, you can't go wrong. And if I don't like it, I'll sell on the internet. Well, I LOVED it! It lets you customize your workout by picking a warm-up, and between the levels of cardio work outs and then a cool-down. And there are REAL people on the tape! Ben Harper really pumps you up and they are normal exercises. And I love how you can work at your own pace. It can get discouraging if you pop in a 60 minute video and can't complete it because you are out of shape (like has happened to me before..) But with this video, you can work up to the full tape. And you don't have to skip or fast forward to get to the cool down--it just does it for you! So sweet! Okay, I'll get off my plug for this video. But if you are looking for a customizable, do at home, great workout--check it out. There are other Biggest Loser DVD's too so look around!

7 comments:

Katy said...

I LOVE BIGGEST LOSER!!!! Seriously, it makes me wanna go out and GET FIT- they motivate the CRAP outta me! I'm glad you got a video you love, it makes a huge difference... I bought Slim in Six but I need to get back in the habit of doing it.. you just reminded me, so THANKS!! Good luck and keep up the good work

Kayleen said...

Cool. I'll have to try it. I just got Wee Fit, so if I get bored with that I'll know where to go. :)

Kurt and Kristy said...

I have one of those too and it is my favorite workout tape!! I love to that it is real people and not some skinny toned women that make you feel fat! :) So good luck! I need to start doing mine again too! Its been over a year and I still have "Bryson fat!"

Kayla said...

Good tip. I'm always on the look out for a good work out video. Maybe I'll have to borrow yours sometime to see if I like it. . . by the way you can borrow any of mine I have to try out if you want. I got a pretty good collection going on.

Unknown said...

Exercise tapes don't do it for me. I wish they did. I just don't have the motivation to stay home and work out I have to leave. Try a spinning class if you have access. I love them and for me Reagan weight came off fast once I started doing them consistently that is. Good Luck

Nathan & Ashley Leavitt said...

oh mom....I just love you! You are going to do so good!

erin said...

awesome Mom! I'm so proud of you! I saw this video advertised online, and wanted to get it. I'm glad I've got somebody to vouche for it. Now you make me wanna go buy it. Keep up the good work.