Thursday, August 12, 2010

Just call me Mrs. Riquelme



Mrs. Riquelme...I know I've been married now for over 7 months but no one really calls me that yet. But, now it will be an every day occurrence because starting tomorrow I will be the newest 4th grade teacher at Aberdeen Elementary in Aberdeen, ID. I am so excited to start this new adventure.

When I came home from my mission I knew I wanted to learn more Spanish but didn't want to be a Spanish teacher because that is too specialized. So I got my BA in Spanish and Communications with a cluster in Education. This last year as I worked alongside a wonderful Kindergarten teacher at Fort Hall Elementary I knew I wanted to teach but lacked the certificate. Luckily I was able to enroll in the ABCTE program and after passing 2 very hard tests, was eligible for my teaching certificate.

I am so excited to teach in a school where my Spanish will be well used and much needed. Thanks to everyone's love and support. Pablo and I are truly feeling like things are coming together and feel very blessed. So I guess for now it's "GO TIGERS!"

9 comments:

Campbell Family said...

such great news!!
You're
SERIOUSLY, SO BLESSED.
:)
GO TIGERS!

Becky T said...

Becki, that is so great! I am so happy for you. What an exciting time for you, yippee!!

'T' said...

so wonderful!

Jess said...

yeah Becki!! Congrats!

Tricia said...

Yeah! I am so excited for you guys. Things really are falling into place. We can't wait for Pablo to get here.

Meredith said...

Congratulations on your job AND being able to see your husband!

Brian and Carly said...

That is awesome! That is the perfect occupation for you. What lucky kids!

Katy said...

You two are the cutest couple ever!!!! Your life is very full right now, i'm so happy for you! I got your announcement in the mail, you both look radiant!!! Thank you so much for sending me one!

GOOOOOooo TIGERS!!

TheSmithLife said...

Becky :) I've ment to write and thank you for the announcement I got in the mail too. You guys are a beautiful couple and I'm so happy for you! I hope the celebration was fabulous, wish I could have actually been there to see you again- it's been way too long. I am hoping to see some pictures though :) The little profile pic with you guys on the dock is sooooo pretty. I hope teaching is going well Mrs. Riquelme. It is awesome that you will be using your spanish there too! xoxo