Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Dog Sitting 101

This last week while my boss and her husband went to sunny Orlando, FL, I got the opportunity to dog sit for them. My boss has no children and so as you can then assume, her two dogs, Dasher and Rudy are like her children. They are SPOILED! They treat them like children so you can imagine how I had to treat them also. These dogs have certain routines they are used to and one of them is sleeping in the same bed as my boss and her hubby. So, I slept with them. If you can call it that. It was more like me laying in bed, yelling at the dogs to stop fighting, stop barking, stop walking all over me, etc. all night long.
We were all getting pretty sick of each other by the end of the week. I know they were missing mom and dad and I just wasn't giving them the TLC they were used to. Finally on Friday morning, I had just about had enough. I was running late for class and was trying to get the dogs to come into the kitchen so I could close the gate and leave them there while I was at class and work. Dasher was not wanting to be left alone all day long and he was not listening to me. He sat on the couch in the living room and glared at me. As I approached him to grab and and drag him into the kitchen, he dashed off and ran up the stairs and all over. I told him I didn't have time for games and he just ran faster. So, I finally called out to him that we could go outside and he got excited. But, it was a LIE! I lied to him. He ran down the stairs and as he was wagging his little tail, waiting to go outside I grabbed him and carried him into the kitchen. I know. I would go as low as lying to a dog to get what I want. Unfortunately, I don't think that Dasher has much confidence in me anymore.

3 comments:

Kurt and Kristy said...

LOL!! Oh boy! Does that make you want to have some of your own? That you can love and spoil and treat like babies!? How sad! Does that make you think of your boss differently?

Kelly said...

I think its hilarious that you lied to the dog! Oh man I just can't understand the treating a dog like a child thing..people sure do though! You are good woman for getting in bed with somebody else's pet. I couldn't do it. I don't even sleep with my kids in my bed. I'm sure everyone was glad when your boss got back!

Campbell Family said...

You're so EVIL! Great story Beck. I love it!