Thursday, March 27, 2008

The Magic Flute

So last night my two roommates Ashley and Emily went with me to the campus production of Mozart's The Magic Flute. I will say that I was actually very impressed by the whole thing! The music was awesome and there were quite a few songs that I recognized but didn't know they came from this production. The costumes were amazing and the singers were very talented. The play had been translated into English but they had two big signs on each side of the stage where they projected the words to follow along. Overall, it was a lot of fun and I was very impressed with BYU-I theater! And President and Sister Clark were there!

I was thinking that I would love to see this on a more professional level and I found the San Francisco Opera's site from when they performed The Magic Flute. So if you want a re-cap of the play, you can watch the video on their site here!

3 comments:

erin said...

you're so culturally diverse. look at you. :)

Anonymous said...

That was a cool link. My mom is sitting in the room with me and she was giving me some weird looks while I was watching it......I'll just let her wonder.

Way to be all fancy, Becki!

Anonymous said...

Una de mis Operas favoritas!.
Adoro el aria "La reina de la Noche".
La soprano Ligera que mejor he visto en ese rol es Sumi Jo.

Increible vibrato, coloratura definida... Es, increible!
Que suerte que tuviste de prescenciar una obra de ese calibre.

Cuidate amiga, que pases un buen fin de semana!!.