Thursday, March 20, 2008

Random Book Tag

Okay, for lack of a better post, I borrowed this idea from my friend Kelly's blog. There isn't much to update on my life--just homework and work. So there really isn't much to talk about.
But I am reading this real good book right now that also counts for my Hispanic Civilation class. Okay, my opinion may be a little biased (just for the record) because this book is about Inés Suárez, who traveled with Pedro de Validivia in the 1500's to establish and conquer Chile. It's historical with a love story intertwined!! Anyways, heres the idea of the Book Tag...

This is what you do:
1. Pick up the nearest book (with at least 123 pages).
2. Turn to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next 3 sentences.
5. Tag 5 people.

So here it is--from Inés of My Soul by Isabel Allende (who is chilean!)

He always struck me as disagreeable because he treated the Indians badly, was miserly, and unkind to the poor, but I learned to respect him for his courage and loyalty. Monroy, who had been born in Salamanca and was a descendant of a noble family, was just the opposite: refined, handsome, and generous. We immediately became friends.

No comments: